Thursday, December 4, 2008

Love Lucy Liu

Lovely Lucy was the shining snowflake at last night’s Unicef Ball. She looked stunning in that J. Mendel “Unicef Blue” gown! She received the Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award, and she’s gorgeous, smart and human!

After my last year’s catastrophically late arrival, I was determined to zip up my Dior gown in time for the Reception that starts at 6.30pm. Well, let’s say 7… And you’ll have to believe me, I was actually running on time! Until I realized my Bottega Veneta clutch had vanished and was nowhere to be found! Fortunately I found a Roger Vivier substitute, yes that’s right, the Pluton… Lucy darling, I forgive you for wearing the same one, but only because it’s you!

The dinner was absolutely délicieux, thanks to the Chefs’ Committee: Marcus Samuelsson, Matt Hoyle & Charlie Trotter. While Michael Bloomberg toasted the room, I just had to take a sneaky photo.

It was a superb evening! Now back to that BV clutch search…although I think I should just call the maid and ask her…

No comments: