Monday, January 5, 2009

Caribbean Holidays

I have just returned from the sunniest & most delightfully entertaining St Barths. And what a long party that was! I can’t remember the last time I drank so much champagne! Oh yes I do actually… ;-)

I flew in with my darling friend Miss V, who had invited me to stay at the gorgeous Aigue Marine villa overlooking St Jean Bay. Our first stop was the Hermès store in Gustavia, as I once again forgot my clutch at home! And because it was supposed to match my orange Narciso Rodriguez dress, I simply could not show myself at the Gagosian party without it! So we ended up purchasing a few other items of interest. Who can resist Duty Free? Just as we were walking out of the boutique, in comes Satsuki! That’s Daniel Craig’s Satsuki. We discovered that they were also going to Larry’s party, so since we were going to catch up with her at the party anyway, we didn’t want to take up anymore of her precious shopping time.

On Sunday night, Larry Gagosian’s party at Nikki Beach was truly spectacular. The Kings of Leon flew in for the occasion, and even Roman and Dasha disembarked off the Pelorus. I met up with some very familiar faces, spent a couple of hours gossiping with friends on the deck, and drank way too much champagne! Unfortunately that’s all I remember. Next morning over breakfast, the always excessively frank Miss V was reciting to me the next sequel to my nightly adventures, but I couldn’t believe my ears, so from that moment on, I decided to ignore whatever was said or whatever might have happened on that sultry night. And to drink a little less champagne next time…
I spent most of my daylight hours catching up with friends at the Case de l’Isle for lunch or lounging by the Isle’s pool. My disappointment for Taiwana remains, so I was definitely not to be seen on their territory. Then on Tuesday night, it was la grande fête aboard Octopus. Paul Allen had once again surpassed himself with the guest list, and it was truly a feast for the eyes! The highlight was undeniably Bon Jovi’s jam session! Oh, and naughty Miss V managed to snap a redhead girlfriend of hers sitting next to Mr Soros. Over breakfast next morning, I was told that apparently she wasn’t just sitting next to him… Shall I really believe everything I hear over breakfast?
On that same morning, being New Years Eve, my dear Miss V announced that she was jetting off to Aspen for the evening’s celebrations, as she simply could not refuse a last minute dream invitation. So I had the villa completely to myself, and was instructed to do absolutely anything I wanted! Anyway, I was planning on attending Saif’s party at Nikki Beach that night. I did end up drinking too much champagne though, but it was such a great party! Mariah Carey sang a few songs while Beyoncé was waving her arms around, visibly enjoying herself. Timbaland and Jay-Z did a little rap number just after midnight. Then halfway through the night, while dancing my heels off, I bumped into Charlotte! No, it wasn’t my excessive champagne drinking, it was indisputably the other Charlotte! I hadn’t seen her for a whole year, and we had a lot to catch up on. But I just couldn’t work out why I hadn’t seen her earlier at the party!

By the time I woke up on the 1st of January, it was already dinner time. Miss V had left me a Happy New Year message, informing me of her prolonged stay in Aspen. So I invited Charlotte to take advantage of my empty villa for the remainder of my stay, and since she was going back to New York in a few days time too, she agreed to replace Miss V as my jet buddy…

No comments: